green

Monday, June 9, 2014

Country Living Fair


I have been a huge fan of Country Living Magazine for as long as I can remember.  It is always a good day when the magazine arrives in the mail and I can sit down with a cup of tea and pour through all the beautiful pictures and ideas.  So it is no surprise that I have always wanted to attend their fair and up until this weekend I have not had the chance - I was either traveling for work or had some type of obligation.  But finally on Sunday I was able to make the drive with my husband to Rhinebeck and boy was it worth it!!!  Because I am still in a sling and still in considerable amount of pain from my surgery, we didn't stay for as long as I would have liked and maybe only saw 50% of the show but WOW so many amazingly creative people - take a look at what we saw!!

To me the finer details mean everything and this fair was full of little details.  From the moment I walked in and saw the country print swags that were decorating the walkway - I was on sensory overload!!



The first display we came across was from Sisters On the Fly - www.sistersonthefly.com - a really cool organization of women that go on incredible outdoor journeys.  But take a look at how they travel - by vintage caravan trailers decorated to the nines - yes this is really the inside of a trailer!!!




After that, we walked up the path and browsed through the various barns.  I have to say that just about every booth was not only beautifully displayed but filled with unique items - some antiques, some vintage items, a lot of repurposed treasures and many creative handmade wares.  Here are a few booths I thought were displayed nicely -



















My highlight of the event had to be meeting Cari Cucksey from HGTV's Cash & Cari.  She has a warehouse in Michigan and a shop called RePurpose.  You can find out more about her at www.repurposeshop.com.  She is amazing at upcycling vintage items and repurposing them - hence the name of her store.  It was great to meet her and chat for a bit.  She has a new line of paint out that I was very excited to learn about and of course purchase!!  The paint comes in some amazing colors as well as the stain.  I purchased a stain in Denim Blue and a paint in Mohair Blue. She gave me some great tips and now I cant wait to get started on some new paint techniques with her products!!  Thanks Cari for your time.



Of course her booth was displayed beautifully and she had some amazing items for sale as well.  Take a look.

















Despite the heat and my achy arm, we had a great time and I was even able to meet up with my Aunt - also a big fan of Cari!!  Definitely something you should do over two days rather than one and also more of a retailers market rather than a dealers but such an inspiring event.  My wheels have been turning non-stop since I got home - my shoulder can't heal fast enough!!!  Can't wait for next year!  Thanks Country Living Magazine!! Here are some of our finds -






No comments:

Post a Comment