green

Sunday, June 14, 2015

BON VOYAGE PARTY

We have been pretty busy here at BarnWood & Bangles - gearing up for 2 back to back weekend events - which you can learn more about on our Facebook page.  But amongst the madness we had  time to wish a special someone good luck on her upcoming trip!  My eldest stepdaughter is on her way to Europe for a month this summer - amazing and scary all at the same time.



Well this past weekend we held a Bon Voyage party - B&B style!  Take a look at how we celebrated!

 Food Table -

I used scrap book paper that had vintage looking maps and letters -basically scrap book paper meant for a travel book.  These were used to not only provide decor - as they were - on the table but I also used them to make pendant banners that I hung on the tables. Mini chalk boards were used to display the food dishes and paper flowers added an extra touch!  I also made some paper airplanes out of the map paper and hung them from our chandelier.





Dessert Table

Here we used some more banners - this one I found online.  The one additional touch I added here was looking up the Finnish word for Dessert and printing that out on black chalkboard paper.  A fun way to include some words in the language your guest is going to be surrounded by!



Thank you's for our Guests

As a thank you for coming we made a candy bar.  One of my favorite things to do at parties!  I found some gummy airplanes and chocolate globes of Earth.  I added this with Swedish fish as she is going to Scandinavia and Sweden is one stop!  With the scraps of map paper I made some bags for the guests to then put their treats in them!!






Bon Voyage Letters

In this day and age hand written letters are almost obsolete - but what is better when you are far from home then something to read from your loved ones.  So I created a letter station for our guest of honor.  I found really cool journal paper that actually had fun quotes on each page.  Along with a small vintage suitcase and another pendant banner from the map paper - this was a fun activity for our guests to do.  And something that our world travel will enjoy while far from home!









Another fun touch and a gift for the traveler to keep - was this fun travel journal.  Great quotes on each page all about traveling.  I used this as a decoration as well.  And of course no one can have too many journals!


The party was a lot of fun and it was great for everyone to get their chance to say goodbye!  As always if you have a question, need some tips or just have a comment - please contact us!!

2 comments:

  1. I was also a part of Bon Voyage party. The decorations and the food for the party was just amazing. Specially the Candy bar, This was beautiful and tasty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love and affection from your family cannot replace any thing speacially when they suprise you and you are going to leave

    ReplyDelete